Thank you for using Staze!
At Staze Ltd ("we", "us", or "our") we're committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace ("Staze Platform") for the hosts we partner with who publish and offer short stay accommodation ("Partners") and users who search for, book, or use services ("Guests"). To support this commitment, we've put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations of Partners and Guests, the actions we'll take to keep you safe, and how we'll protect you if something goes wrong.
By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are entering into a contract with Staze Ltd (company number 12279941) whose registered office is at 70 White Lion St, The Angel, London, N1 9PP ("Staze").
This User Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in this User Agreement.
The Staze Platform is an online marketplace that allows users to publish, offer, sell, search for and book short stay accommodation ("Listings") with a variety of pricing formats and locations ("Services").
As the provider of the Staze Platform, Staze does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Listings, nor is Staze an organiser or retailer of travel packages under Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Partners alone are responsible for their Listings and other Partner services (together, "Partner Services"). When users make or accept a booking, they are entering into a contract directly with each other. Staze is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between users, nor is Staze a real estate broker or insurer.
You authorise Staze to automatically charge your chosen payment method in accordance with this User Agreement and the applicable billing agreement(s) you agree to when setting up or changing your payment method, for future charges and fees incurred in relation to the Services provided by Staze. This includes, but is not limited to, amounts owed for Staze fees, reimbursements and damages. Staze will notify you of these charges. If payments or amounts owed to Staze cannot be completed through the payment method on file for any reason, you are still required to pay Staze for all unpaid amounts and Staze reserves the right to seek reimbursement through other means plus any additional costs incurred by Staze in seeking reimbursement. You can change your payment method by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes and we work hard to ensure our users have great experiences using the Staze Platform, Staze has no control over, and does not guarantee or endorse the existence, quality, suitability, safety or legality of: the conduct or performance of Partners, Guests and third parties; Listings advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, feedback or reviews; the ability of Partners to host stays and provide Partner Services; the ability of Guests to pay for stays; or that a Guest or Partner will actually complete a transaction or provide a refund.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content, Listings or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites or applications;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
- fail to host stays sold by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in a Staze policy, for example the Guest fails to comply with the terms posted in your listing, or you cannot contact the Guest;
- manipulate the price of any listing or interfere with any other user's listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content on our sites or applications;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific Staze transaction on the Staze Platform (which includes using this information to send unsolicited marketing materials directly to Staze users unless the user has given explicit consent to receiving these materials);
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Staze, or the interests or property of Staze users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Staze. Some, but not all, actions that may be infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to Staze or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belong to you;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about Guests, such as email addresses, without their consent;
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
You agree that we will commence supplying our Services to you as soon as you accept this User Agreement. You can cancel this User Agreement by contacting email@example.com. We may recoup the cost of any Services provided up to the point of cancellation.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for such period of time as we consider in our absolute discretion reasonable in the circumstances or modify or discontinue all or part of our Services at any time and without notice.
Additionally, we reserve the right to vary or terminate all or part of our Services and/or not provide all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason and/or period of time, at our discretion.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, remove or demote or otherwise restrict the visibility of Listings, delay or remove Partnered content, remove any special status associated with your account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities for us, our users, suppliers or other third parties;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Staze community or reduce our or another Staze user's exposure to financial liabilities;
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies or abuse our employees or users;
- you breach the terms of this User Agreement;
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- you fail to make, or it is evident that you are unable to make, full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
When a Guest or Partner issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement, and to do the right thing for both Partners and Guests.
Damage to Listings
Guests are responsible for leaving the Listing (including but not limited to any personal or other property located at the Listing) in the condition it was in when they arrived. Guests are responsible for their own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom they invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Listing, excluding the Partner (and the individuals the Partner invites to the Listing, if applicable).
Every booking made on Staze is automatically covered by a £500 security deposit guarantee, covered by our independent Trust & Safety partner Superhog.
Please see our Deposit Guarantee Terms and Conditions here.
It is free for Partners to list on Staze. Staze charge fees to Guests ("Commission") in consideration for the use of the Staze Platform.
We will transfer payment of each booking 24 hours after the successful check-in of Guests – subject to a review period if required.
We will remove commission and applicable taxes before transferring.
Terms for Partners
When creating a Listing through the Staze Platform you must:
- provide complete and accurate information about your Partner Service (such as listing description, location, and calendar availability);
- disclose any deficiencies, restrictions (such as house rules) and requirements that apply (such as any minimum age, proficiency or fitness requirements for any Listing);
- provide any other pertinent information requested by Staze. You are responsible for keeping your Listing information (including calendar availability) correct and up-to-date at all times.
You are solely responsible for setting a 'listing' price (including any taxes if applicable, or charges such as cleaning fees) for your Listing (“Listing Fee”).
Any terms and conditions included in your Listing, in particular in relation to cancellations, must not conflict with this User Agreement.
Pictures used in your Listings must accurately reflect the quality and condition of your Listings. Staze reserves the right to require that Listings have a minimum number of images of a certain format, size and resolution.
When you accept a booking request by a Guest, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Guest and are required to provide your Partner Service to the Guest as described in your Listing when the booking request is made. You also agree to pay the applicable Partner Fee and any applicable taxes.
Staze strongly recommends that Partners obtain appropriate insurance for their Partner Services. Please review any respective insurance policy carefully, and in particular make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions to, and any deductibles that may apply for, such insurance policy, including, but not limited to, whether or not your insurance policy will cover the actions or inactions of Guests and/or invitees (and the individuals the Guest has booked for, if applicable) while staying at your accommodation.
Unless expressly allowed by Staze, you may not list more than one accommodation per Listing.
Any Listing you post and the booking of, or a Guest's stay at, an accommodation shall:
- not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties or other agreements;
- comply with all applicable laws (including health and safety laws), tax requirements, and other rules and regulations (including having all required permits, licences and registrations).
You are responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to penalties, fines, charges, or late payment interest) related to your sales on the Staze site. To the extent possible under English law, you shall pay to us as a debt on demand all costs incurred by us, including but not limited to tax, penalties and interest, levied by any competent tax authority due to your failure to provide a valid VAT registration number (if applicable) and/or your failure to pay any such taxes, penalties or interest.
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of Staze Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
In the event that you must cancel a booked stay, you must do so as soon as possible.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +442034884770 to explain the reasons for the cancellation.
Your reservation is officially cancelled only when you receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. By cancelling a reservation, please note that you will be recorded as the party responsible for initiating the cancellation.
Because Partner cancellations are disruptive for Guests and require additional customer support, as well as funds for securing last minute accommodations (if applicable), the following action is applied:
- if cancelled on the day of stay you may be subject to a cancellation fee in order to help offset the costs incurred in helping Guests in securing last minute accommodations. This will be taken from your next payout (or chosen payment method if we deem more appropriate);
- Staze will handle the refund to Guests, and you will receive no payout. In the event we have paid you for the cancelled booking, Partners must reimburse Staze, in full, within 5 business days (and we reserve the right to take the reimbursement from your chosen payment method if we deem more appropriate).
Nothing in this User Agreement limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence and/or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to the above, Staze and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Staze Platform for injuries, loss of property and/or financial losses that may be incurred.
We assume no liability for the content of Listings advertised or the truth or accuracy of users' content and make no representation that the same are accurate or correct.
You also acknowledge the risks involved in short stay rentals. These include but are not limited to damage to property (whether personal or otherwise), injury and/or death. You agree that you are using our Services voluntarily, and are aware of the risks associated with short stay rentals.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this User Agreement that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control ("Event Outside Our Control").
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this User Agreement (including the provision of the Services):
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under this User Agreement will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control unless we notify you that we are cancelling the whole or any part of our Services as a result of the Event Outside Our Control.