Staze Ltd. User Agreement
Last Updated: 19 May 2022
Thank you for using Staze!
At Staze Ltd ("we", "us", or "our") we're committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace ("Staze Platform") for the hotels we partner with who publish and offer accommodation ("Partners") and users who search for, book, or use services ("Guests"). To support this commitment, we've put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations of Partners and Guests, the actions we'll take to keep you safe, and how we'll protect you if something goes wrong.
By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are entering into a contract with Staze Ltd (company number 12279941) whose registered office is at 25 Horsell Rd, London, N5 1XL ("Staze").
This User Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in this User Agreement.
The Staze Platform is an online marketplace that allows users to search for and book hotels ("Listings") with a variety of pricing formats and locations ("Services").
As the provider of the Staze Platform, Staze does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Listings, nor is Staze an organiser or retailer of travel packages under Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Partners alone are responsible for their Listings and other Partner services (together, "Partner Services"). When users make or accept a booking, they are entering into a contract directly with each other. Staze is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between users, nor is Staze a real estate broker or insurer.
While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes and we work hard to ensure our users have great experiences using the Staze Platform, Staze has no control over, and does not guarantee or endorse the existence, quality, suitability, safety or legality of: the conduct or performance of Partners, Guests and third parties; Listings advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, feedback or reviews; the ability of Partners to host stays and provide Partner Services; the ability of Guests to pay for stays; or that a Guest or Partner will actually complete a transaction or provide a refund.
Before you can book Listings using the Staze Platform, you need to open a Staze account. When you open an account you may create a password, or other secure login method, and may also have to provide credit or direct debit details. You must keep any password you create, or other secure login method, secret, and prevent others from accessing your email account or mobile phone. If another person uses these methods to access your account, you will be responsible to pay for any Listing they book, and we are not responsible for any other losses you suffer, unless the person using your password obtained it because we did not keep it secure.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites or applications;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
- fail to pay for stays purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in a Staze policy, the Partner has materially changed the Listing's description after you book, or you cannot contact the Partner;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content on our sites or applications;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Staze, or the interests or property of Staze users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Staze. Some, but not all, actions that may be infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to Staze or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belong to you; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
You agree that we will commence supplying our Services to you as soon as you accept this User Agreement. You can cancel this User Agreement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may recoup the cost of any Services provided up to the point of cancellation.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for such period of time as we consider in our absolute discretion reasonable in the circumstances or modify or discontinue all or part of our Services at any time and without notice.
Additionally, we reserve the right to vary or terminate all or part of our Services and/or not provide all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason and/or period of time, at our discretion.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, remove or demote or otherwise restrict the visibility of Listings, delay or remove Partnered content, remove any special status associated with your account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities for us, our users, suppliers or other third parties;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Staze community or reduce our or another Staze user's exposure to financial liabilities;
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies or abuse our employees or users;
- you breach the terms of this User Agreement;
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- you fail to make, or it is evident that you are unable to make, full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
When a Guest or Partner issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement, and to do the right thing for both Partners and Guests
Damage to Listings
As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the Listing (including but not limited to any personal or other property located at the Listing) in the condition it was in when you arrived. You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Listing, excluding the Partner (and the individuals the Partner invites to the Listing, if applicable).
When booking a Listing, you agree to comply with the following rules:
- you are responsible for reading the full Listing before you make a booking;
- you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase a Listing when you book a Listing.
You will compensate us in full for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of a third party claim against us in respect of a breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of Staze Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
Compensation is subject to us: (i) promptly notifying you of any claim; (ii) not making any admission without your prior written approval; (iii) granting you the control of the defence and any settlement; (iv) providing you with reasonable assistance; and (v) mitigating our losses and damages.
The Cancellation Policy is specific to each booking. The Cancellation Policy is selected by the guest and defined on the check-out page, the bookings section of a guest’s account and in their booking confirmation email.
If a booking is cancelled or amended after the Cancellation Deadline, you will be refunded the amount defined in your Cancellation Policy within 10 working days.
Bookings may not be cancelled or amended after the date the Customer is intended to check in.
No Shows (i.e. Customers who have made a booking but fail to stay shall be charged one hundred (100%) percent of the cost of the booking.
Nothing in this User Agreement limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence and/or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to the above, Staze and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Staze Platform for injuries, loss of property and/or financial losses that may be incurred, unless such losses are caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.
We assume no liability for the content of Listings advertised or the truth or accuracy of users' content and make no representation that the same are accurate or correct.
You also acknowledge the risks involved in hotels. These include but are not limited to damage to property (whether personal or otherwise), injury and/or death. You agree that you are using our Services voluntarily, and are aware of the risks associated with hotels.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this User Agreement that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control ("Event Outside Our Control").
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this User Agreement (including the provision of the Services):
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under this User Agreement will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control unless we notify you that we are cancelling the whole or any part of our Services as a result of the Event Outside Our Control.