Staze Ltd. Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 14 January 2021
Thank you for using Staze!
We're committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace for our Partners and Guests. To support this commitment, we've put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations of Partners and Guests, the actions we'll take to keep you safe, and how we'll protect you if something goes wrong.
By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are entering into a contract with Staze Ltd (company number 12279941) whose registered office is at 70 White Lion St, The Angel, London, England, N1 9PP ("Staze").
This User Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in this User Agreement.
- About Staze
Staze is a marketplace that allows users to offer, sell and book short stay accommodation ("Listings") with a variety of pricing formats and locations ("Services").
As the provider of the Staze Platform, Staze does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Listings, nor is Staze an organiser or retailer of travel packages under Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Partners alone are responsible for their Listings and Partner Services. When users make or accept a booking, they are entering into a contract directly with each other. Staze is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between users, nor is Staze a real estate broker, insurer or traditional auctioneer.
While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, Staze has no control over, and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of: Listings advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, listings or feedback; the ability of Partners to host stays; the ability of Guests to pay for stays; or that a Guest or Partner will actually complete a transaction or provide a refund.
- Using Staze
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites or applications;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
- fail to pay for stays purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in a Staze policy, the Partner has materially changed the Listing's description after you book, or you cannot contact the Partner;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Staze, or the interests or property of Staze users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Staze. Some, but not all, actions that may be infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to Staze or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belong to you; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
You agree that we will commence supplying our Services to you as soon as you accept this User Agreement. You can cancel this User Agreement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may recoup the cost of any Services provided up to the point of cancellation.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue all or part of our Services at any time and without notice.
Additionally, we reserve the right to vary or terminate all or part of our Services and/or not provide all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason and/or period of time, at our discretion.
- Abusing Staze
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, remove or demote or otherwise restrict the visibility of Listings, delay or remove Partnered content, remove any special status associated with your account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities for us, our users, suppliers or other third parties;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Staze community or reduce our or another Staze user's exposure to financial liabilities;
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies or abuse our employees or users;
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- you fail to make, or it is evident that you are unable to make, full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
When a Guest or Partner issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement, and to do the right thing for both Partners and Guests.
- Damage to Listings
As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the Listing (including any personal or other property located at the Listing) in the condition it was in when you arrived. You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Listing, excluding the Partner (and the individuals the Partner invites to the Listing, if applicable).
- Service Fees
Staze may charge fees to Guests ("Guest Fees") in consideration for the use of the Staze Platform.
Any applicable Guest Fees (including any applicable taxes) will be displayed to a Guest prior to booking a Listing. Staze reserves the right to change the Guest Fees at any time, and will provide adequate notice of any fee changes before they become effective. Such fee changes will not affect any bookings made prior to the effective date of the fee change.
For the avoidance of doubt, any Guest Fees are included in the Total Fees collected by Staze Payments at the point of booking. Except as otherwise provided on the Staze Platform, Guest Fees are non-refundable.
Guest Fees are currently set at 10% and shown in the price of booking and are subject to change.
- Purchase Conditions
When booking a stay, you agree to comply with the following rules:
- you are responsible for reading the full stay listing before making a commitment to buy;
- you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase a stay when you commit to book a stay.
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of Staze Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Cancellation Policy
Due to the last minute nature of Staze bookings all bookings are non-refundable.
When you cancel your booking, you will not receive a refund of the amount you paid.
Nothing in this User Agreement limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence and/or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to the above, Staze and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Staze Platform for injuries, loss of property and/or financial losses that may be incurred.
You also acknowledge the risks involved in short stay rentals. These include but are not limited to damage, injury and/or death. You agree that you are using our Services voluntarily, and are aware of the risks associated with short stay rentals.
- Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this User Agreement that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control ("Event Outside Our Control").
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this User Agreement (including the provision of the Services):
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under this User Agreement will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.